To date, we have built and repaired houses for 60,000 families in the Philippines
Since starting operations in 1988, Habitat for Humanity has helped around 60,000 families in the Philippines, building more than 32,000 homes and mobilizing 120,000 volunteers.
Habitat for Humanity Philippines has considerable experience responding to disasters – most recently following the Bohol earthquake, tropical storm Trami and typhoon Utor earlier this year, typhoon Bopha in 2012, tropical storm Washi, typhoons Nesat and Nalgae in 2011, and typhoons Ketsana, Parma and Mirinae in 2009.
Globally, Habitat for Humanity has assisted more than 100,000 families (approx. 500,000 people) with shelter after disasters and conflicts. Many thousands more have benefited from disaster risk reduction programs.
Check out our website.
- Boston College Community Philippines Haiyan We-Build 1,151,727 PHP
- Debbie Mullins Family & Friends 590,380 PHP
- Mabuhay Philippines 457,154 PHP
- Catherine Sobrevega - Support from Families and Friends 449,984 PHP
- HELP REBUILD PHILIPPINES (SUPER TYPHOON YOLANDA/HAIYAN): Jennet "Jen" Borla-Alcordo 349,735 PHP